|Title||Musical Understanding of Society in Europe- MUSE|
|Description||The proposed IP aims to provide students; the conceptual, analytical and performance skills, the factual knowledge to think critically about and develop an understanding of the political, sociological and cultural dynamics of the European Society and the European History of Music in an interdisciplinary context. In this framework, the specific objectives of the IP are given below:
• To bring a new perspective and an interdisciplinary approach to “History of Music” course by encouraging efficient and multinational teaching from more than 3 different disciplines, namely: art, sociology and political science.
• To explore musical, social, political, cultural and historical currents throughout the history of Europe.
• To enable students and teachers to work together in multinational groups in a highly multinational sphere and besides the technical issues to supply the experience of cultural diversity and similarities in the European society.
• To acquaint students with historical and biographical information by looking at Europe through music and the music through its social, political and historical context.
• To supply both theoretical and performance based learning and teaching conditions to students and teachers in order to gain a new and innovative perspectives for the IP’s topic.
• To supply opportunity to the teaching staff as facilitating a sphere to exchange views on the “History of Music” course teaching content (including musical samples and enriched texts with the contribution of represented disciplines), new curricula approaches and to test teaching methods in an international classroom environment.
Target Group of the IP is determined as the undergraduate students (first cycle) of the partner universities, mainly from music departments but also sociology, European studies, international relations, political science or/and history departments. From 10 partner universities and 9 countries, 50 students and 11 teachers will come together between 2- 15 April, 2012 at Yaşar University.
Project Website: http://muse.yasar.edu.tr/
|Coordinator||Yaşar University- M. Gökay ÖZERİM (Project Coordinator), Project Team Academic Supporters: Lecturer Payam SUSANNI; Assoc. Prof. Aylin GÜNEY|
|Program||LLP/ ERASMUS- Intensive Programmes (IP)|
|Institutional Project Coordinator||Lecturer, Dr. Gökay ÖZERİM|